Monday, October 30, 2006

A student from Australia

Hi my name is Nikola Brighton, I’m 15 years old. I go to a school in the Latrobe Valley called Kurnai College. Our school is very small because it only consists of about 320 students, in the whole school. I’m currently studying in year 9, we study English, Science, Math, Sose, Arts and Sport. Our school day starts at 8:30 am and finishes at 2:50 pm. My school is good at sports because we’re all pretty athletic, we love to go to our sports day and doing our P.E physical education. I don’t really have an opinion about my school just that I like school because I can see all my friends, we can leave school at the age of 16 if we want but hardly nobody does they go right through to university unless they get an apprenticeship. I’ve never wanted to change schools and have never tried Thai food, I love it when school is finished because I can go and do all my sports which are basketball, netball and tennis and no I don’t sing my countries national song every day.

The picture up the top is a picture of me and my action squad group I’m the second girl

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, dear Nikola. My name is Tanya, I'm a Russian student. I want to ask you what does Sose mean? What kind of subject is it? We haven't such subject, but we have also English as the first foreign language, and French as the second one. In our school we can also do sport f.e. basketball. After 9 years of studies pupils can choose 2 or 3 subjects for profound learning and next two years they study them deeply than other ones. This system helps us to prepare for our future career. I study English and Literature. Our gymnasium is big, there are about 1000 pupils. We have our own flag and himn. And do you have some symbols in schools?