Monday, October 30, 2006

Another stucent from Australia

Hello my name is Nikki Hammett and I go to Kurnai College High school in Churchill which is a small town. I am 15 years old and I’m in year nine. Our school starts at 8:30am and goes to 2:50pm which is about 6 hours at school. We have 5 periods a day for work. Our main subjects are maths, English, Sose and Science. These are our subjects that everyone has to do. Our school has about 300 to 350 students. Our school has all year levels from year 7 to year 10. We have to go across the road to go to year 11 and 12.
We leave school at the age of 15, which is our age now. Many students go to university as a far as I know. We do not sing our national anthem everyday. We have one assembly once a month. I have never even thought of changing the school in any way. Our school is not the best school around but I suppose the teachers teach us things that we take in. We have about 25 - 30 teachers that are mostly at our school everyday. Our food is ok at our school canteen. We do have clubs after school hours but I have never gone to any. We have this special program for after school hours which is called cordial club it is for people to come and do their homework and after they have finished they get cordial and biscuits. There are many teachers that help out at the cordial club. We have course selection classes also which include: sport,. Art classes, computer classes and many more. We do not have any Thailand students going to our school as far as I know. Well I have told you as much as I know and well I’m off. Bye.

No comments: