Monday, October 30, 2006

A student from Australia

Hey people!! It’s me Cathleen Bennett from Kurnai College Churchill Campus. I am 15 years old and my birthday is the 8th of May. My hobbies consist of playing Soccer, Basketball, talking on msn, hanging out with friends and going shopping. I am in year 9 and I live in Churchill in the state of Victoria in Australia. I really enjoy doing sport and I love running. I have a pet dog and his name is Freckles. I have an older and a younger sister and their names are Brycelyn and Lindsay.

1.What is your school good at? Sports/competitions?
My school is good at soccer and badminton. In our school soccer team, they got to the grand final and they played in the Melbourne stadium for the state finals. In our badminton competition, they came second in the state finals.
2.What time do you go to school and what time do you finish the school?
Well because I walk to school, I start to walk at 8:00am because our school starts at 8:30am. The end of the school bell finishes at 2:50pm and because I walk home I get to my house at about 3:10pm.
3.Do you have any clubs to enjoy after school? (Scouts/Girl Guides/Army.)
Yes I do, I play soccer and I belong to the Churchill Soccer club for the girls’ team.
4.Do you know any Thai students, what do you think or know of Thailand?
No I don’t know any Thai students. I also don’t know anything about the country Thailand.
5.What is the food like at school? Have you tried Thai food?
The food in our school canteen has improved a lot since I was in year 7, the food is good and no I haven’t tried any Thai food.
6.What is your opinion about school? Do you like school?
My opinion about school is that I do like school because it provides me with an education that I know I can take to the future. I don’t exactly love my school but yeah it’s ok.
7.Have you ever thought that you want to change your school?
Well I didn’t exactly want to go to this school in the first place, because I was going to go to a different one but then mum decided that it would be easier for me to go here because then I wouldn’t have travel as much. Well since I’ve been here at Kurnai I don’t think I’ve thought of changing because I have heaps of friends here.
8.What age can you leave school?
You can leave at any age, but to properly finish school up to year 12, you’ll be 18.
9.Do your students go to University a lot?
The majority of our students do continue to University so that they can get different degrees but some people don’t bother to go to University because it’s much more harder and much more work.
10.Do you sing your countries national anthem every day?
No we don’t but when I was in primary school we had to do it every Friday.

No comments: