Monday, October 30, 2006

A student from Australia

Hi my name is Adam and I go to school in Australia.
Our school enjoys sports and inter school sports like bowling and swimming.
Our school starts at 8:30 am and we finish at 2:50 pm. Our after school activities include sports such as Australian rules and football (which we call soccer). Our summer sports include basketball, netball and cricket.
We don’t have any Thai students and I have never tried Thai food but I would like to. Our school canteen sells normal food like rolls and chips and chocolate.
Our school is good but I don’t really enjoy it, I’d prefer to be working or earning something.
I’ve never thought about changing schools but I do want to leave at the end of year 10. The legal age that you can leave school or be kicked out is 15.
Some students choose to go to university but a lot of the boys go and get apprenticeships or find a job somewhere else.
We don’t sing our countries national anthem everyday. We don’t sing our national anthem at secondary school but in primary school we sung it once a week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, Adam!!!!! My name is Mikle and I’m from Russia, exactly from Novosibirsk. I have read your letter , I want to tell you, that it was very interesting personally for me to know more about your school system, your classes and kinds of sport, which you have in Australia. But I want to tell you about my school, we also haven’t got any Thai students, because we haven’ any Thai in Russia at all. We have never played in Rugby in our country , only football, basketball and hockey.